Our client, based in Oxfordshire, is currently recruiting for an Income Specialist on a temporary contract for two months. Our client is proud to have a gold accreditation with Investors in People and was voted Oxfordshire employer of the year 2015.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis for 37 hours per week. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have experience of rent arrears and background experience in income recovery.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Maximise arrears collection from former tenants and take responsibility for arrears
* Communicate and negotiate with former tenants by telephone, email and other methods
* Make payment arrangements with former tenants and monitor the effectiveness of these arrangements
* Provide advice and support to former tenants in relation of arrears
* Make recommendations in relation to irrecoverable arrears
* Contribute to the development and implementation of related policies, procedures and service improvement plans
* Prepare court orders for service
* Contact tenants with lower level rent arrears, as directed by the Service Manager with the aim to clear accounts or make an agreement to clear rent accounts promptly
* Liaise with tenants, Benefit Departments and Support Agencies as required
* To help maintain the validation of Notices Seeking Possession and prepare applications for possession claims on line
* To ensure all computerised recording systems (e.g. QL) are updated and maintained on an accurate and timely basis, and that all service requests are responded to within the prescribed timescales
* Provide a duty system to customers on a weekly basis; cover phone and IT tasks for the team as appropriate and directed by the Service Manager
* Experience using the QL housing system
* Previous rent collection experience
For further information on the position, please contact Samuel Geary or Grace Lane on 01923-631 012 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Social Housing, Income Recovery, Debt Recovery, Income Specialist, Rent Arrears