Our client, a forward thinking public sector organisation based in the West Midlands, is currently recruiting for a ICT Oracle Applications Lead on a two year fixed term contract.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation who in addition to providing an attractive salary package, offer many additional benefits including flexi-time, home working, 28 days annual holiday (plus bank holidays) and competitive contributory pension.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* The main purpose of the role is to stabilise and rationalise legacy Oracle applications and assist in migrating those required to Microsoft/Windows-based solutions
* To establish a road map for the long-term treatment of all legacy Oracle applications, including recommended priorities
* To ensure that the input of staff using the applications and services (as gathered by business partners) are factored into proposed treatments
* To build and maintain relationships with the strategic service partner and other suppliers with a stake in our Oracle solutions
* To collaborate with suppliers/partners to design and deliver solutions that fit with our technology stack, represent value for money, and have sustainable longevity
* To support continuing Oracle applications, ensuring they are stable and available
* To provide technical expertise in the event of an outage impacting any well used Oracle application, liaising with ICT managers and suppliers through to resolution
* To provide leadership regarding any interfaces between well-used Oracle applications and other solutions used
* To ensure that the continuity/recovery arrangements for any well-used Oracle applications are agreed with relevant officers in staff, in place, and tested regularly
* To contribute to the effective service management of related suppliers, working closely with the ICT Operational Services Manager and other colleagues
* To ensure that architecture and technical support documents are developed and maintained to enable both improvements/replacements and effective support in the interim
* To oversee the safe regular upgrade of any well-used Oracle application during the rest of its life
For further information on the position, please contact Adam Cragg on 0121-274 0087 or please email enquiries to email@example.com
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details