Our client, a large public sector organisation based in Northamptonshire, is currently recruiting for a HR Advisor on an initial 4-6 month temporary contract.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation who not only heavily invest in their staff but also offer great staff benefits including flexible working and lifestyle rewards.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Provide professional HR advice to Managers to ensure that the service area has excellent management of its employees covering all aspects of performance, competence, conduct and attendance
* Supervise and coach HR Advisor(s) to ensure a high level of service to line managers, encouraging a good level of pace and healthy level of risk is maintained in all advice
* Interpret and advise on the organisation’s employment policies, terms and conditions, and on employment law to ensure that the decisions taken achieve the service objectives in a cost effective and a policy/ legally compliant way, taking a managed approach to risk
* Manage all local consultation and negotiations with Trade Unions/Employee Representatives to achieve the organisations aims in the spirit of good employee relations and advising managers at the formal Consultative Forum with Trade Unions for the Service
* To advise Managers at employee hearings and appeals against dismissal and work with the organisation’s legal advisors to prepare for and provide HR representation at tribunal hearings or other bodies as required, helping to assess the risk
* Demonstrate understanding of equal opportunities and other people’s behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs
* Carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of this job description and which are commensurate with the grade of the post
For further information on the position, please contact Siobhan O’Gorman or Mira Crighton on 0116-268 5026 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details