We are currently working in partnership with a college, who are looking to appoint a HR Advisor on a 6-month temporary contract.
This will be a full-time position based primarily in Bournville, with possible travel to other sites across the Birmingham area.
The hourly rate will be circa £20ph PAYE, inclusive of holiday pay, and the successful candidate will require to carry out a DBS check.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Proactively managing employee relations cases, including absences, disciplinaries, grievances and performance
- Monitoring and managing sickness absence processes, including return to work, absence reviews, welfare meetings, and occupational health referrals in line with the best practices to minimise sickness absence levels and maximise employee wellbeing
- Advising and guiding colleagues and managers on any HR issues and queries across all aspects of the employee lifecycle, ensuring advice is in line with policies, processes, and best practice
- Providing regular weekly/monthly reporting and case management updates to meet schedules and timelines
- Supporting with the delivery of services for Recruitment and onboarding, by attending interviews with managers, assisting with the delivery of induction and probations
- Experience within the Education sector highly desirable
- CIPD qualified at Level 5 or above
- Strong employee relations case management
- Previous experience working within a unionised environment
- Driving licence essential
- 36.5 hours per week
- Monday – Friday
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews! Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details.