Our client, based in Oxfordshire, is currently recruiting for a Housing Transition Officer on a temporary contract for one month. Our client is proud to have a silver accreditation with Investors in People and they provide services to the most vulnerable in the local community.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have experience of providing advice to vulnerable service users and hold an Enhanced DBS dated within the last three years.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* To do what it takes to prepare properties for rent or re-let including internally and garden areas
* Carry out prearranged regular property checks of the accommodation to ensure that the living environment is safe, clean and risk free
* Report all repairs to the landlords or maintenance team to ensure efficient repair times
* Ensure all properties are compliant with fire, health and safety standards and report any areas that require immediate attention
* Give welfare benefits advice and support as required and tailor to each individual
* Take early action to prevent, control and manage rent arrears, ensuring realistic rent repayment plans are in place for people experiencing financial difficulties
* Support people to identify their future housing options and agree realistic timescales and an action plan to achieve a successful move on
* Encourage people to contribute to a safe, calm and positive living environment and towards the management of the accommodation
* Deal with any neighbour disputes promptly, using a strength based approach, seeking help from the manager as required
* Participate the referral process, ensuring that appropriate allocation decisions are made
* Enhanced DBS dated within the last three years
* Experience of providing advice to vulnerable service users
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Suzy Thomas or Sam Birt on 01923-631 012 or please email enquiries to email@example.com
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Supported Housing, Tenancy Support, Housing Officer, Housing Transition Officer, Homeless Support
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details