Our client, based in West Sussex, is currently recruiting for a Housing Repairs Assistant on a temporary contract for twelve months. Our client is proud to be a council that provides services for over 150,000 people. They run a housing scheme to help homeless or vulnerable members of society find a stable home to build their lives.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience in the sector, however this requirement can be flexible.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* First point of contact for customers wishing to report repair defects through various channels but predominantly by telephone
* Accurately diagnose and record defects, raise orders and / or offer advice as appropriate
* Liaise with the Council’s Reactive Repairs Contractor to ensure that repairs are carried out within target, follow on orders are raised, customer service standards are met and that the Council’s financial interests are protected
* Support the Reactive Repairs and Voids Compliance Officers by providing administrative and diary management tasks, arranging pre and post repair inspections as appropriate
* Inform and advise tenants on their obligations to repair and maintain their home and apply the recharge process accordingly
* Contribute to new policies and processes in order to improve service delivery and meet budgetary constraints; to implement new procedures as agreed
* Manage, administer and process Energy Performance Certification (EPC) Process. Liaise and support the appointed contractor to ensure service standards and legal obligations are met and the Council’s financial interests are protected
* Experience within the housing sector
* High level of customer service
For further information on the position, please contact Jon Pearson or Nathan Purton on 0207-430 1284 or please -email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Housing; EPC; Repairs
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details