Our client, based in Lincolnshire, is currently recruiting for a Housing Options Officer on a temporary contract. The job, which is due to start immediately, is initially due to last for 1-2 months and will be for 37 hours per week. The rate for this position is negotiable depending upon experience.
The ideal candidate must have experience of providing homelessness advice, up to date with all relevant legislation and hold an enhanced DBS within the past 3 years.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Taking responsibility for taking homeless applications when necessary and making s.184 decisions
* Interviewing applicants who are potentially threatened as homeless under the 1996 Housing Act Part VII (homelessness) as amended by the Homelessness Act 2002
* Providing housing advice and preventing homelessness in accordance with the Housing Act 1996 (as amended by the 2002 Act) Part VII and subsequent legislation, Code of Guidance, Case Law and the Councils policies and procedures
* Preventing Homelessness wherever possible using pro-active resources available including online resources
* Negotiating with Landlords, Estate Agents and Private Sector organisations
* Recording all case information on IBS Capita system
For further information on the above mentioned vacancy or to enquire about other suitable posts please contact Rachel Birbeck or Connor Mason on 0116-268 5026.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.