Our client, based in North Yorkshire, is currently recruiting for a Housing Options Officer on a temporary contract for three months.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have experience of the new Homeless Reduction Act 2017 and hold an enhanced DBS within the last three years.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Responsible for taking homeless applications when necessary and making s.184 decisions
* Interviewing applicants who are potentially threatened as homeless under the 1996 Housing Act Part VII (homelessness) as amended by the Homelessness Act 2002
* Providing housing advice and to prevent homelessness in accordance with the Housing Act 1996 (as amended by the 2002 Act) Part VII and subsequent legislation, Code of Guidance, Case Law and the Councils policies and procedures
* Preventing Homelessness wherever possible using pro-active resources available including online resources
* Negotiating with Landlords, Estate Agents and Private Sector organisations
* Up to date with all Homeless legislation
For further information on the position, please contact Rachel Birbeck or Katie Mason on 0113-816 0098 or please email enquiries to email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: housing options officer; housing needs senior; homelessness officer; housing advice; homeless reduction act; housing options triage officer