Our client, based in Somerset, is currently recruiting for a Housing Options Officer on a temporary contract for four months.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position
The key requirements are the following:
* Highly literate with excellent writing skills. Able to write legal decision letters and advice letters conveying complicated information clearly and simply
* Excellent interviewing skills. Able to interview a person to obtain a lot of detailed and personal information and record this in real time on the system
* Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to deal with people from a wide range of backgrounds, potentially in states of distress, even whilst potentially giving unwanted news to that person
* Outstanding typing skills to record information from a customer
* Learning and study skills. Able to learn homeless legislation and apply it to different circumstances.
* Excellent negotiation skills. Used to help prevent and obtain accommodation with landlords, letting agents, parents, friends etc
* Robust personality type – able to give bad news professionally, able to remain calm under pressure and deal with potentially agitated clients who may exhibit less than professional conduct
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Interviewing customers per day face to face, giving advice and conducting section 184 decisions
* Assisting clients to bid for choice based lettings properties and providing emergency temporary accommodation
* Dealing with queries via telephone and email and make decisions in line with 1996 and 2002 Housing Act
* Providing detailed housing advice to those who did not meet the necessary criteria for housing
* Handling general administration duties, recording cases and providing paperwork
* Liaising with external agencies when required, case reviews and new sign-ups
* Looking after home finder administration, processing applications and handling queries around bonding inputting
For further information on the position, please contact Andrew Golder or Abigail Coulson on 0117-303 5102 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details