Our client, based in Cumbria, is currently recruiting for an Enforcement Housing Officer on a temporary contract for 5-6 months with the potential for it to be extended. The client would ideally like someone to start immediately to work 28 – 30 hours and can be flexible with the working arrangement including the opportunity to work from home.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Assisting with the investigation and enforcement of housing standards complaints
* Assessing standards utilising the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) and other relevant statutory provisions under the Housing Act 2004 and associated legislation in respect of HMO accommodation and single family dwellings where the Council is the enforcing authority
* Producing relevant correspondence, preparing and, where authorised, signing legal notices and other such documents as required
* Checking compliance with relevant requirements, carrying out re-inspections and surveys and initiating works in default
* Undertaking allocated projects relevant to the areas of work and be responsible for their development, conclusion and reporting, including preparing and implementing any recommendations as necessary
* Keeping up to date with relevant legislation, standards, guidance notes and other information to develop any appropriate specialist knowledge of relevant subject areas
For further information on the position, please contact Amy Mackley or Emily Reynolds on 0161-341 0147 or please email enquiries to email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details