Our client, a highly reputable Local Authority based in Cumbria, is currently recruiting for a Housing Enabling Officer. The position is based on a temporary contract for twelve months and is due to start mid January on a full time basis.
The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position and the ideal candidate will have experience within a Local Authority.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Supporting the development of community-led housing projects with the aim of facilitating the needs of local community groups
* Acting as the key contact between the Council and Communities in establishing community-led housing
* Enabling the development of new affordable/community/specialist homes in partnership with housing associations
* Providing advice on the availability of funding for projects and providing advice and assistance in the completion of grants applications
* Acting as the key contact between the Council and Communities in establishing community led housing
* Working with individuals or groups who are interested in self-build and providing guidance with planning permission
* Tackling empty properties with potential to be brought back into use for community led housing
* Identifying housing needs and supporting an evidence base in rural areas
* Assisting in the development and delivery of housing related strategies and policies produced by the Council
Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Expertise (delete as appropriate) required
* Experience within Housing or Local Authorities
* Knowledge of using Microsoft Office programmes
For further information on the position, please contact Amy Mackley or Emily Reynolds on 0161-341 0147 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Local Authorites; Private Sector Housing; Community Involvement
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details