Our client, based in West Sussex, is currently recruiting for a Housing Development & Enabling Officer on a temporary contract for at least three months.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience in the sector, however this requirement can be flexible.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Maximising the amount of affordable housing provided within the area by working with developers and housing associations on a caseload of developments
* Advising and negotiating with developers and other stakeholders on the Council’s affordable housing requirements for development schemes within the given caseload
* Instructing the Affordable Housing Viability Consultants to undertake Site Viability Appraisals and to validate those submitted by developers with planning applications in order to assess appropriate levels of affordable housing to be provided
* Negotiating with developers and housing associations in relation to the amounts of affordable housing to be provided on private housing developments
* Liaising with the Council’s Legal Services on the affordable housing requirements of Section 106 Planning Agreements, including the signing-off of affordable housing provisions within legal agreements
* Undertaking research and collecting other data to inform intelligence on the housing and development needs of the area
* Understanding of town planning issues relating to the development of social housing
* Developed and maintained administrative systems including Excel
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Grace Webb or Nathan Purton on 0207-430 1284 or please email enquiries to email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Housing; Development; Enablement; Planning; Administration
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details