Our client, based in Bournemouth, is currently recruiting for a Homelessness Officer on a temporary contract for two months. Our client is proud to be undergoing a period of innovation so that it can better serve local communities.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate is competative for those with experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience a similar role, and a DBS within the last 3 years.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
*Acting as first point of contact for homeless clients and dealing with initial queries
* Assessing if homeless applicants need emergency accommodation or arranging future appointments
* Working on a static caseload of 40-50 cases
* Attending appointments with clients and actively working to prevent homelessness
* Investigating cases of homelessness and interviewing people threatened with homelessness
* Assessing homeless applications and making s184 decisions
* Providing advice on housing options to prevent homelessness in the first instance
* Liaising with specialist support providers and homelessness charities to prevent homelessness where possible
* Sign-posting queries to relevant external agencies
* Experience in a similar role
* A DBS within the last 3 years
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Georgia Whitmore or Rhys Bryan on 0117-303 5102 or please email enquiries to email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details