Our client, based in West Wales, is currently recruiting for a Health, Safety and Environment Advisor on a temporary contract for three months. The role is home working, and all on boarding can be done remotely.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The daily rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a Level 6 Diploma in Health and Safety or equivalent, and will be comfortable with remote working.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Carry out investigations on day to day health and safety incidents
* Supporting the development of a strong Health and Safety focused culture across the project and promote good safety behaviours
* Acting as an expert in Health and Safety legislation and best practice to assist with compliance and continuous improvement
* Ensuring that all management and lecturers understand new policies
* Implementing and embed new policies, procedures and strategies
* Undertaking site audits to ensure compliance
* Identifying and rectifying any possible hazards or risks to welfare
* Liaise with colleagues and staff members in relation to Health and Safety breaches
* Ensure safe practices are upheld in relation to COVID-19
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
Risk assessment and management
Level 6 Diploma in Health and Safety
Experience working within Higher Education (Not essential)
36.5 hours per week
Monday – Friday 9am-5pm (Flexible hours are on offer)
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Evan Yabsley or Mike Hodgetts on 02920-697 093 or please email enquiries to email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Higher Education; University; Health and Safety; IOSH; NEBOSH
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details