Our client, based in Cambridgeshire, is currently recruiting for a Head of Service – Safeguarding on a temporary basis for three months initially with the possibility of extension. Our client is proud to care for families across the Cambridgeshire area, providing effective and quality services.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis of 37 hours per week. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a significant level of experience in a health/social care background, current knowledge of best practice in safe guarding and social work, and good understanding of the commissioning process and how it can be used to improve outcomes for children and families.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Provide leadership and advice to the District Managers using technical expertise and informed judgement to deliver successful outcomes
* Have the ultimate responsibility to make decisions regarding the removal of children from their homes and families
* To plan, manage and monitor the use of available financial, physical and human resources making efficiency savings and/or negotiating the use of additional resources when possible
* Be able to take a collaborative approach, using both internal and external resources to meet the needs of the community
* Ensure the effective operation of the service against government national standards
* Advise out-of-hours with regards to children at risk of significant harm or in need of protection
* Lead, manage and develop a team that delivers services to children and families
* Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in social work, or a recognised social worker qualification
* Detailed understanding and awareness of current legislation in relation to children
* Current HCPC registration
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Samuel Geary or Shannon Carroll on 01923-631 012 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Child Services, Child Protection, Social Services, Head of Service Safeguarding, Social Worker, Support Worker, Support Manager
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details