Our client, based in Central Birmingham, is currently recruiting for a Head of English on a temporary contract for a whole academic year.
The position is due to start in September 2018 on a full time basis. The daily rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Holding responsibility for the professional development of the English team in line with performance development targets
* Monitoring and leading teaching and learning across the department through observations and coaching
* Coordinating the creation of long and medium term plans and schemes of work
* Standardising marking and feedback of formative assessment across the department
* Holding responsibility for all behaviour management within the department to ensure a safe, secure and structured learning environment
* Planning, preparation and delivery of lessons in English at Key Stage 3 and 4
* Setting assignments of an appropriate nature and delivering constructive feedback following marking
* Keeping detailed records of learner attainment for parents/guardians and the SLT
* Attending interdepartmental meetings, parents’ evenings and INSET days
* Experience leading a department or supporting a Head of Department
* English Teaching Specialism
For further information on the position, please contact Lauren Hopkins or Stephanie Beer or please email enquiries to email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: English; Teacher; Head of Department
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details