Our client, based in Lancashire, is currently recruiting for a Floating Support Worker on a fixed term contract for 6 months.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The salary is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience in the sector, especially working with a homeless client group, however this requirement can be flexible.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Holding responsibility for the provision of an Accommodation Finding Service to help move those who were previously rough sleeping into longer term solutions
* Providing housing related support and assistance to service users accessing accommodation to maintain accommodation and live independently
* Liaising closely with Housing Options Teams and other support agencies on identifying rough sleepers and signposting to relevant services
* Visiting tenants across a geographical patch in temporary accommodation, including hotels, B&Bs, hostels and private rented properties
* Identifying, monitoring and assessing individuals’ support needs, including carrying out risk assessments
* Developing and reviewing individual support plans within timescales, in line with contractual and organisational requirements
* Accompanying service users to house viewings, completing pre tenancy inspections and assisting with sign ups
* Making referrals to external agencies to meet the needs of those who need additional input from other services including access to education, employment and volunteering
* Experience within the sector, supporting people at risk of homeless or rough sleepers
* Organised and resilient individual who can work flexible hours when required
* DBS within the last 3 years, enhanced
* Liaising with homeless service users, carrying out risk assessments and finding temporary housing solutions
37 hours per week, flexibility required
Working from home included
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Amy Mackley on 0161-341 0147 or please email enquiries to email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Support, Homelessness, Drug and Alcohol, Housing Options, Advice, Temporary Housing, Hostels
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details