Our client, based in South Yorkshire, is currently recruiting for a Financial Inclusion Caseworker on a Fixed Term Contract for 18 months.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The annual salary for this position is £24,887.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* To promote financial inclusion and help maximise the income of households by advising on local programmes available, provide assistance with claims for welfare benefits, Discretionary Housing Payments, Crisis Fund and other applicable grants and funds, and signpost to appropriate partners and third parties where applicable
* To work effectively with a range of external partners and stakeholders, including the council and third sector organisations, to proactively promote the prevention of debt to achieve joint outcomes for customers and the organisation
* To help tenants to prioritise their expenditure and work out sensible budgets, including setting-up repayment plans, together with the Income Maximisation Officers
* To holistically assess a customer’s circumstances by conducting interviews, undertaking visits to customers in their homes, and maintain accurate case notes and information on databases
*To provide a professional and confidential casework service to the tenants covering the full range of universal credit advice, through a combination of home visits or office appointments and telephone advice, as appropriate
* Support the delivery of an effective housing management service, including estate management and lettings, where needed
* Experience of providing financial advice to tenants
* Hold a full UK Driving License
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Suzy Thomas or Rachel Birbeck on 0113-816 0098 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Housing Assistant, Housing Advisor, Choice Based Lettings, Mutual Exchanges, Financial Inclusion, Income, Welfare Benefits, Universal Credit
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details