Our client, based in South-West London, is currently recruiting for a Finance Manager on a permanent contract. Our client is a Student Union associated with a prestigious University with a long history of providing a quality research and learning environment.
The position is due to start with a handover dependent on candidates’ availability on a full time basis, and can offer flexibility on hours and the opportunity to work from home.
The starting salary is £39,863, however is negotiable dependent upon the candidate’s experience.
The ideal candidate must have experience of the Not-for-Profit sector and experience in completing the statutory requirements for VAT returns and Annual Accounts.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Developing and adhering to financial regulations signed off by the Board of trustees to ensure responsible and appropriate processing of all financial matters.
* Responsible for setting and presenting the annual budget to the Trustee Board and Student Council for consideration and approval
* Developing budget/funding forecasts and assist the union in the development of the strategic plan and support the union to achieve its strategic objectives
* Monitoring the RSU budget and complete monthly management accounts and present a quarterly report to the Trustee Board
* Preparing annual financial statements and lead on all aspects of the annual financial audit and ensure that the audited accounts are submitted to the Charity Commission, Companies House and the University by the set deadlines
* Maintaining the general ledger, purchase ledger, sales ledger and petty cash
* Ensuring all monies are received and banked. Provide a cash handling system for all union areas to ensure security and accountability
* Completing month end procedures including reconciling all balance sheet accounts, debtors, creditors, prepayments and accruals and prepare the bank reconciliation
* Calculating and completing quarterly VAT return for the union
* Not-for-Profit accounting experience
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Puja Ladva and Ehren Smith on 0207-430 1284 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*