Our client, based in Cambridge, is currently recruiting for a Facilities Manager to cover a patch between Cambridge and London on a permanent contract. Our client is proud to be an industry leading multi-disciplinary surveying firm with clients nationwide.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The salary rate is £30,000 – £33,000 with a £3,000 car allowance, based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have significant relevant Facilities Management experience including portfolio and budget responsibility and hold a NEBOSH qualification (or relevant equivalent).
Duties will include (but not limited to):
• Managing commercial, residential and mixed use properties across the UK and building a bigger client base
• Personally take responsibility for the management of fabric, hard and soft facilities management, planned and preventative maintenance and service charge management across national clients
• Supporting the business development team in a role of subject matter expert on all bids and take responsibility for the full lifecycle of Facilities Management service delivery
• Growing and managing a team of Facilities Management professionals with a focus on service excellence
• Co-ordinating the production of performance reports, analysis of the results and taking appropriate action to ensure continuous improvement and then presenting all reports to the Head of Department
• Ensuring that the estate is maintained and managed to ensure compliance and a high standard of service, with a focus on value for money at all times
• Producing annual service charge budgets and managing spend against budget (with variance reporting)
• Procurement of planned and reactive contractors and auditing health, safety & welfare for facilities services
• Carrying out any other duties that may be reasonably requested within client management schemes
• Maintaining up to date records in accordance with legislative and internal requirements
• NEBOSH qualification or relevant equivalent
• Minimum two years’ experience within the sector
Skills, knowledge and expertise required:
• Experience in portfolio and budget responsibility
• Risk assessment and management
• Financial management and budgeting
• Producing annual service charge budgets
• Compliance and due diligence
Rewards and Benefits:
• 23 days holiday increasing by one day a year to maximum 28 days
• Staff can buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year at 50% of gross pay
• Staff must pay at least 5% of staff salary into the scheme and the company will contribute 3%. This also links to the Death in Service scheme which pays out life insurance at 2 x salary
• Company will pay 50% of monthly gym subscriptions direct to the employee in their salary
• Discounts and savings on shopping and entertainment through Perkbox
• 37.5 hours per week
• Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Nathan Purton or Sonny Butfoy on 0207-430 1284 or please email enquiries to email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Facilities Management; Hard and soft services; PPM
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details