Our client, based in Newbury, is currently recruiting for an Senior Finance Officer – External Grants on a temporary eight month contract.
The position is due to start as soon as possible on a full time basis with the option of flexible home working.
The ideal candidate must have experience of Local Government revenue collection as well as sound knowledge of legislation in relation to Local taxation and Enforcement.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
– Holding financial responsibility on behalf of the Economy Manager for the Additional Restrictions Grants (ARG),Welcome Back Business Grants (£140,000) and Welcome Back Fund (£220,000), ensuring that all work is processed in a timely and accurate manner
– Assisting the Economy Manager and Revenues service in ensuring that service meets statutory requirements and that any new legislation is implemented effectively and incorporated into working processes and procedures
– Providing up to date guidance and information to the Economy Manager and Economic Development Board on the delivery and payment of Additional Restrictions Grant, Welcome Back Business Grants and Welcome Back Fund eligible activities
– Assessing ARG grant applications and WBF spending proposals against the relevant funding eligibility criteria including EU procurement and branding rules
– Processing and authorise payments of ARG and Welcome Back Business Grants, as well as Welcome Back Fund grant payments to Delivery Partners and quarterly funding claims to MHCLG
– Validating documentary evidence in support of Welcome Back Fund expenditure and procurement by Delivery Partners to satisfy internal audit, MHCLG and ERDF rules
– Undertaking a wide range of administrative tasks to support the systematic recording of all activity for audit purposes in relation to Additional Restrictions Grant, Welcome Back Business Grants and Welcome Back Fund eligible activities
Ability to use Outlook
Basic ability to use MS Office
Working in a team environment
Working to strict deadlines
Good communication skills
Knowledge and expertise required:
Experience of local government revenue collection or similar private sector employment
Experience responding to customers by telephone, face to face and in writing
Experience using initiative and working with little supervisor
37 hours per week
Monday – Friday, 9-5
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Shivana Jethwa or Lowri James on 0207-430 1284 or please email enquiries to email@example.com
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Grants; legislation; Local Government
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details