Our client, based in Somerset, is currently recruiting for an Estates Surveyor on a temporary contract for two months, with a possibility for extension. Our client are proud to provide over 5,500 properties across Somerset, and are looking to add to their Surveying team, with opportunities to work from home on offer.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have be RICS qualified and hold a full UK drivers’ license.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Negotiate leases, licenses, agreements and other rights over Land and Buildings
* Oversee the maintenance of the Land Register under the Local Government Planning and Land Act of 1980
* Assist the Housing Asset Manager to develop and implement a Land Disposal programme, following necessary legal procedures and processes
* Create a register of land parcels and properties that are surplus to council requirements based on performance and socio economic factors
* Carry out options appraisals on land parcels and under-performing properties and make informed proposals based on property performance
* Attend client meetings and provide advice where necessary
* Carry out ‘Right to buy’ and ‘Buy back’ valuations for the disposal and acquisitions of properties respectively
* Liaise with outside bodies and provide advice to internal parties
* Assist the Housing Asset manager in developing a more efficient Asset Management system with a focus on efficiency and value for money
Skills, knowledge and expertise required:
Rewards and Benefits:
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Evan Yabsley or Emily Reynolds on 0117-303 5102 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Leasehold; Land Act; Valuations; Asset Management; Disposal; Council;
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details