Our client, based in Leicestershire, is currently recruiting for an Environmental Health Specialist on a temporary contract for 6-12 months. Our client is proud to have an accreditation with Investors in People and they provide various services across the District.
The position is due to start immediately on a part time basis for 20 hours per week with flexible working hours. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience in the sector, hold an enhanced DBS within the past 3 years and have access to a car.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Investigating complaints from the general public
* Taking enforcement action, initiating proceedings, preparing and giving evidence in court
* Deal with noise nuisance work, air quality and noise abatement prosecutions, and worked closely with the Public Health team
* Responding to community complaints and visited residents in their homes to investigate the situation
* Dealt with commercial and residential properties, conducting Health & Safety inspections for both
* Investigate offences, issue legal notices, proceedings and prepare prosecution files
* Deal with and mediated ASB issues between tenants and took statements where necessary
* Dealt with a range of enviro crimes
* Minimum two years’ experience within the sector
For further information on the position, please contact Rachel Birbeck or Emma Chamberlain on 0116-268 5026 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Enforcement; Licensing; HMO; Environmental Health Officer; Technical Officer; Social housing; Landlords; ASB; Noise Complaints; Fly Tipping; Noise Nuisance; Serving Notices; Statutory Complaints