Our client, a highly regarded Local Authority based in South Wales, is currently recruiting for a Environmental Health Officer on a temporary contract for three months.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on expereince for this position.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within pollution, nuisance and land management, however are open to anyone with environmental health experience.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Investigating complaints and service requests and undertaking inspections concerning Nuisance and Environmental Health
* Delivering environmental health services in accordance with departmental policies and procedures and within the legislative framework
* In charge of dealing with a range of statutory nuisances including air pollution, noise pollution, contaminated land and environmental enforcement
* Responsible for the undertaking of inspections and investigations as a result of enquiries and service requests and speaking to customers regarding alleged perpetrators
* Dealing with statutory nuisance complaints, including taking witness statements and investigating cases thoroughly
* Preparing and serving notices and taking witness statements for prosecution
* Responsible for the preparation and presentation of reports on environmental issues
* Any transferable skills within Environmental Health
* Application of relevant Housing legislation including the Environmental Protection Act
For further information on the position, please contact Tej Singh or Abigail Coulson on 02920-697 093 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.