Our client, based in Plymouth, is currently recruiting for an Employee Relations Specialist on a temporary contract for three months. Our client is proud to provide multiple services to over 230,000 people in the South West.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have experience of handling complex casework in a large unionised environment and hold MCIPD status.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Providing pragmatic, consistent and timely HR advice on the application and interpretation of all Human Resources and Organisational Development policies, processes and casework
* Promoting HR best practice to operational managers on all aspects of the employment relationship, from recruitment to end of employment
* Collaborating with senior colleagues to deliver organisational change, transformative employee experience and cultural change projects
* Supporting managers with the HR implications of restructures and transformation, including employee and TU consultation, TUPE, redeployment and redundancy exercises
* Delivering training, coaching materials and toolkits for line managers to improve capability in managing ER cases, including conducting investigations and formal hearings, conduct versus capability, decision making and note-taking
* Working effectively with multiple stakeholders to deliver high quality services and best practice, including self-service and web enabled service options
* Advising on dismissal appeals, including contributing to departmental agreements and participating in negotiations with recognised trade unions
* Contributing in the development, review and amendment of employment policies in line with changes to employment legislation, national terms and conditions and codes of practice
* CIPD qualified
* Complex casework experience in a large unionised environment
For further information on the position, please contact Katrina Nielsen on 0121-274 0187 or please email enquiries to email@example.com
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
Advertising an Employee Relations Specialist:
KEYWORDS: Human Resources; HR; Employee Relations; ER; Employee Engagement
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details