Our client, based in Kent/ East London, is currently recruiting for an Electrical and Mechanical Engineer on a permanent contract. Our client is a charitable housing association and one of the UK’s most successful independent social businesses. They house around 250,000 people in more than 95,000 homes, primarily across London and the South East.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The salary rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience in contract/project management.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Manage the Mechanical and/or Electrical Building servicing contracts, repairs and Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) programmes through external contractor’s, ensuring full compliance, continuity, reliability and quality of building services
* Oversee a workload of projects for new and existing buildings, assisting with the designing and instructing requirements; evaluating and procuring works in accordance with procurement policies, guidelines rules and regulations
* Lead the day to day activities of the Mechanical and Electrical service contracts and programmed works through effective selection of systems, design, specification and contract management ensuring effective compliant, quality installations
* Show a working knowledge of current regulation and compliance standards; Building Regulations, CIBSE, BESA, BSRIA
* Provide technical advice, key contract cost and information to other departments and manage Key Performance Indicators to ensure contractors perform and attain a high level of service provision, in addition to ensuring team targets are met
* Work with the Mechanical Engineering Manager to ensure that all allocated budgets are expended, suitably aligned with requirements for service contracts and replacement programmes
* Car access essential or this role
* Must have an engineering qualification
For further information on the position, please contact Jon Pearson or Nathan Purton on 0207-430 1284 or please email enquiries to email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Mechanical & Electrical, M&E, Social Housing
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details