Our client, based in Manchester, is currently recruiting for a Development Manager on a temporary contract for twelve months. This is an exciting opportunity at an organisation which offers excellent career support and development opportunities and has a superb reputation.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate/day rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will be a good negotiator, and have dealt with acquisitions.
You will be required to (not exhaustive):
* Assist the Group Head of Growth/Head of Development in the development and delivery of a
programme of new properties, regeneration schemes and the acquisition of properties from
others, from feasibility to sales and letting
* Identify, research, recommend and manage new business and regeneration opportunities in line
with Place making and Growth priorities as identified in growth, place and masterplan strategies
* Lead and manage projects within growth and across departmental structures where required,
working with staff and managers at all levels to deliver the outcomes required
* Prepare viable scheme appraisals, funding bids and cashflow forecasts relating to individual
projects, proposing scheduling with regard to programme parameters and annual budgets
* Ensure the projects are set up in accordance with internal, financial and regulatory requirements
and legal obligations. Ensure that the best interests are protected through the process
* Ensure regular monitoring of progress against programme, financial cost control and adherence to
* Experience of successful delivery of housing development and acquisitions
* Sound knowledge of social housing, conveyancing and construction sectors
* Experience of developing, managing and delivering complex, multi-disciplinary projects
For further information on the position, please contact Laura McDonagh or Stephanie Beer on 0161- 341 0147 or please email enquiries to email@example.com
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details