Our client, based in Somerset, is currently recruiting for a Building Surveyor/ Project Manager on a temporary contract for three months with the chance to go permanent. Our client are one of the largest Housing Associations in the South West of England, and are looking to add a candidate with a wealth of compliance based experienced to their growing team.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have Social Housing experience, in particular within a compliance capacity.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Oversee the management and delivery of Fire actions/works, including fire door replacements/upgrades, compartmentation to roof spaces, fire stopping/sealing around service entries, surface spread of flame (works to walls and ceilings) and upgrading of emergency lighting and fire alarm systems
* Undertaking inspections of work to social housing properties following previous reports
* Drawing up scopes of works with contractors
* Procuring specialist works from existing suppliers
* Obtaining quotes and undertaking full contact management
* Completing valuations, variations and signing off payments
Skills, knowledge and expertise required:
Working hours (add/delete as appropriate):
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Mike Hodgetts or Evan Yabsley on 0117-303 5102 or please email enquiries to eyabsley@Jarsolutions.co.uk.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Surveyor; Technical Officer; Maintenance Officer; Fire Safety; Compliance
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details