Our client, based in Berkshire, is currently recruiting for a Carpenter on a temporary contract for a minimum of three months. Our client is proud to hold a continually growing portfolio of 24,000 units across eight countries, and over 90 years’ experience building and managing homes.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience undertaking maintenance work in a Social Housing setting and hold a full UK Driving License.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Working alone or as part of a team to carry out repair works of a minor nature across trades to both occupied and vacant properties
* Covering specifically a variety of carpentry works including re-tiling, decorating, replacement of fixtures, hanging doors and brickwork
* Receiving work orders from Schedulers as required remotely via mobile phone or internal PDA
* Maintaining a diary of non-emergent repairs visits to both occupied and vacant properties and ensuring residents are reminded of appointments as appropriate
* Ensuring repair works are completed as rapidly as possible ensuring jobs are tackled on the first visit where possible
* Entering all records of works undertaken on to the relevant mobile/PDA device
* Minimum of two years’ experience undertaking maintenance work in a Social Housing setting
* Hold a full UK Driving License
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Nathan Purton or Ryan Geer on 0207-430 1284 or please email enquiries to email@example.com
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Carpentry, Domestic properties, Reactive Maintenance
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details