Our client, based in Cheshire, is currently recruiting for a Benefits Officer on a permanent contract. The position is on a full time basis and the salary will be negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within Social Housing and have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Supporting clients with disabilities by completing their benefit applications and following up on these applications to ensure that they have been granted
* Appealing benefit applications if they have been refuted
* Provide an effective benefit and budgeting service, proactively working with tenants to ensure that benefit take up is encouraged and maximised and that
Debt management issues are addressed and are affordable
* Ensure that customer’s benefit and housing claims are correctly completed within relevant timescales.
* Provide a full range of services to customers assisting them through the changes brought by the welfare reforms
* Assist customers with full money advice, budgetary planning and provide debt counselling where necessary to help them prioritise any debts
* Develop effective partnerships with other statutory and voluntary agencies
* Work effectively with the Welfare, Benefit and Debt Assistant in order to aid tenancy sustainability
For further information on the position, please contact Laura McDonagh or Amy Mackley on 0161-341 0147 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details