Our client, based in Birmingham, is currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant on a permanent contract. Our client is a customer-centric company whose success is driven through consistent operational excellence, innovation, valued staff and customer loyalty.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The salary is negotiable based on experience for this position. Furthermore, this role has opportunities for progression.
The ideal candidate will have experience a good head for numbers, and be capable of providing support in the following areas:
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Assist in the preparation of accurate financial results within agreed timescales
* Provide management information on an ad hoc basis to support the accountant
* Assist in the reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts to minimise risk and to ensure timely resolution of issues
* Ensure that all invoices, credit notes and cash are processed through to the accounts in a timely manner
* Perform cash and bank reconciliations on a daily basis
* Complete credit control procedures to ensure debts are collected in a timely fashion
* Check the raising of and posting of sales invoices and statements
* Regularly review the sales and purchase ledgers for overdue amounts and any other issues that require addressing
* Maintain and reconcile balance sheet nominal accounts in addition to various stock accounts
* Submit supplementary reporting schedules to the accountant as required
* Review and analyse financial information and provide comments on variances
* Participate in month end closing meetings with site accountants
* Assist with prepayments, accruals and balance sheet nominal account reconciliations
* A recognised Accounting qualification or QBE
*Basic working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Excel
For further information on the position, please contact Elliot Sahadeo or Andrea Ellinas on 0121-274 0187 or please email enquiries to ESahadeo@jarsolutions.co.uk.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KERWORDS: Assistant Accountant, Bookkeeper, Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details